Gameweek 21 – Top 5 Tips
The New Year provided us all with hangovers, indecision and a low FPL return. Just when you think you are on a decent solid run, FPL can hit you harder than a Victor Wanyama slide tackle. Like all good champions, I am here to help you bounce back, assist you with your FPL selections and supply you with the green arrows you have been craving. The latest gameweek proved that this is the most unpredictable premier league season for a long time.
We now turn our attention to Gameweek 21 which includes some juicy fixtures which no doubt will include some unpredictable incidents and results along the way. However, we are here to utilise facts, stats, form and odds to help maximise your scoring potential.
5 TIPS for GAMEWEEK 21
- COSTA & AGUERO – It is now imperative to bring in either Aguero or Costa to avoid missing out on some guaranteed points. Chelsea are at home to West Brom and will be 3/10 favourites to win the game. Diego Costa will be the heavy favourite to score anytime. Man City at home to the leaky Everton are priced at 4/9. Aguero will also be the HOT favourite to score anytime. Both will be profitable picks but I suggest waiting for the cup games to finish before making the transfers. At the moment I am favouring Aguero due to the leaky Everton defence and have predicted Man City to be the highest scoring team of the week.
- WILDCARD – What is that noise I here? Is it a stampede of elephants? NO - it’s the sound of FPL players activating their wildcards! Different to previous years, the 2nd Wildcard can be played up until the end of the season. Personally, I am waiting to see what damage is caused by the upcoming cup games involving Stoke, Liverpool, Man City and Everton. Only utilise the wildcard if it is absolutely necessary as I recommend patience with this play. I appreciate your teams value may fall but the waiting game will bear greater fruits in the long run.
- TOTTENHAM FIXTURES – I have heard numerous people talking about removing Kane from their teams. This would be a crazy move taking into account their next 5 fixtures, which include Leicester, Sunderland, Palace, Norwich and Watford. Up next is Leicester who in the last 6 gameweeks have conceded 59 shots inside the box (most in the PL) If you haven’t got Alli in your team he is still an absolute steal.
- DOUBLE GAME WEEK – After some investigating, it appears that GW25 could be a mini double gameweek for the two teams playing in the league cup final. If you have any of your chips still available this would be a great opportunity to play them. The only other scenario would be for either finalist to have a triple gameweek in GW34 or GW37 in the event they also have a good FA Cup run. What is for certain is that two to four teams from Aston Villa, Everton, Man City, Newcastle, Stoke and Liverpool will not play on GW27. Therefore, I would recommend not having an excessive amount of players from the teams mentioned.
- THE DIFFERENTIAL – The word all FPL managers love (differential). This week I seriously recommend getting Arnautovic as 'STOKEalona' will be one of the highest scoring teams of the week at home to an unpredictable Norwich outfit. Arni came through last nights match unscathed and has one further cup match to get through. YES - you read it correctly, Stoke will be one of the highest scoring teams of GW21.
SHOTS & STOPS
- Over the last 4 gameweeks Ighalo has had the highest number of shots inside the box (15), scoring 4 goals but blanked in GW20. Lukaku has had the second highest (14) scoring 3 with 1 assist in GW20. Sergio Aguero had 4 shots within the box in GW20 scoring 1.
- ON the flip side, Leicester have conceded the most goal attempts inside the box within the last 4 weeks (45). Sunderland are second bottom, conceding 42 shots.
- Swansea are my nailed on pick to keep a clean sheet against a poor Sunderland side. They are 11/10 to keep a clean sheet with the bookies.